Join Naomi for an audio replay of her livestream on the topic of empaths and self-worth.
Many of us empaths have commitment issues. In our relationships, career, and with time and money. It can be hard for us to commit to something just for ourselves (especially because we ALWAYS think of others first).
Somewhere along the journey, we started to believe that we were not worthy of investing in and pouring life back into ourselves.
The following mindset blocks that pop up in our head are:
- I have no time to commit to myself when I’m taking care of everybody else
- I can’t afford to spend time or money on myself because I need to make sure everybody else is covered first
- I don’t believe I can actually get what I want (because I always get what’s left over after everybody else is served first/I just have bad luck)
- I already feel overwhelmed
- I need to check in with partner/husband/wife/parent/etc. before I can make decisions about committing to anyone else
- There are many factors that come into play that create our commitment issues (ex. Difficulty trusting others, past relationship trauma, etc.)
But our self-worth plays a HUGE role!
Let’s clear up some definitions around self-worth, because we see this term being used interchangeably with words like self-confidence, etc. (they’re related but different).
Self-worth: A sense of one’s own value as a human being.
Self-esteem: Confidence and satisfaction in oneself (how you feel about yourself overall).
Self-confidence: Confidence in one’s powers and abilities.
Self-love: Love of self, an appreciation of one’s own worth or virtue.
Here’s how a lack of self- worth shows up in our relationships as empaths:
- Past trauma doesn’t allow you to fully trust your partner fully + you end up unconsciously/consciously self-sabotaging yourself + the relationship
- Over-giving, poor boundaries, saying yes too much, and taking too much on
- Self-sacrifice until the point of energy depletion
- Fear of conflict + people pleasing
- Fear of speaking your truth
- Fear of being rejected
- Trying to fit the mold (trying to chameleon ourselves) to our partner/family/loved ones, when we are in fact wired very differently
So, if you’re an empath looking for 1:1 guidance with releasing limiting beliefs like these, then having an NLP Life coach could be a very useful tool for you to help you step back into your personal power as an empath!
I’d love to invite you to join me in the Empath Empowerment Coaching Course. Join me for this 8-week, 1:1 coaching program for empaths who want to understand their gifts, overcome energetic overwhelm, release limiting beliefs, and build better boundaries in their relationships.
*For more details on how to work with me, please visit this link: https://naomicourtneycoaching.com/empowered-empath-coaching-course/
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/thatsdeep/support